Thursday, September 15, 2011

"You Can't Come Home" UPDATE 09/16/11

     I'm going to use this blog as a way to let people follow the progress of the album so if you're interested you should totally follow this monumental undertaking.

     Had the day off from work today. Apparently my choice in midi programs for drums has poor Andrew tearing his hair out. GuitarPro isn't really compatible with the program he uses so he has to go through another program just to get his program to work... I'm a dick. Anywho while I'm waiting on getting the drums back I started work on "California", a rock ballad about chasing your dreams and losing out on someone you love.

     I don't really have the money to do this album the way I want so I've just got to take it one step at a time. My mixes have gotten considerably better but not up to what I want them to be so I just need to find someone who wants to take the time to show me. I'm trying to buckle down and get this album done by Christmas, it's just tough between work, and the contacts I've lost since leaving the radio show.

     Some of the initial musicians that were going to be on the album backed-off when I left the show. The beauty is I know who the real players in the city are. What I mean by that isn't, "if you're not on my album you're not worth shit..." I mean it's the guys who don't care about "scene" politics or their band's clique... They don't care if I'm not on the biggest radio show in Richmond anymore... They just want to play on a kick-ass album with musicians they wouldn't normally have the opportunity to play with in a band. There have been plenty of AMAZING musicians in the city who turned down being on the album 'cause it wasn't their style or they didn't have time or they felt like they couldn't do it the justice they felt it deserved. Those guys are too, the true players in this city. Kind of good feeling to think of "The Gods of Rock" as Richmond's own super-band. I'm not gonna reveal all "The Gods of Rock" yet but I'll release a couple names every once in awhile till the album is done... So far I'll reveal:

Jon Smalley - Guitars/Vocals - Former Lead Guitarist for "Midnight Venture"
Andrew Faulknier - Percussion Programming - Former Bassist for "Force of Habit" currently a guitar tech for Richmond favorites "Faultline"

     Anyone interested in jumping on board and helping with something big in the city just lemme know on facebook, reverb nation, or on here! I would love for the whole scene to have a hand in this. Whether it be playing on this album, lending technical advice, helping in the mixing and mastering, or even just pushing it. There's more "Gods of Rock" in this city than who are just in "The Gods of Rock".

No comments:

Post a Comment